Destination focused. Culturally enriching. Carefully curated.
As The World’s Leading River Line, Viking® believes in offering you extraordinarily well-designed voyages that bring you closer to the cultures of the world. Its intimate vessels sail into the heart of your destination—where new discoveries are just a short walk from your ship.
One of the best ways to immerse yourself in new cultures is to explore the world by river. That is why Viking designed elegant, intimate ships with all the amenities of a fine hotel. Their innovative Viking Longships®—the newest and largest river fleet in Europe—feature premium amenities, all-outside staterooms and the most al fresco dining on Europe’s rivers. Their ships gently carry you to the world’s greatest cities, deliver you to the center of charming towns and villages and connect you to your destination.
Travel with ease as you unpack once and relax to an ever-changing canvas of breathtaking landscapes. Arrive in the center of town—often at Viking-owned dock locations¬— and stroll right off and begin exploring.
Watch history unfold before your eyes on a voyage along Europe’s great rivers. Viking invites you to discover the fascinating stories behind iconic landmarks when you join them on an enriching journey. Immerse yourself in the storybook villages, vibrant cultural centers and picturesque landscapes of The Netherlands, Austria, Germany, France, Hungary, Switzerland and more, and unlock a whole new world of discovery.
Here is a sample of what you will see on one of Viking’s European river voyages:
• Visits to Germany’s charming wine-producing villages
• Culinary delights in Lyon, France
• Medieval Prague, “City of a Thousand Spires”
• The elegant boulevards and grand monuments of Paris
• Historic Wittenberg, home to Martin Luther
• Fairytale windmills of The Netherlands
• Wine tastings in the quintas of Portugal’s Douro Valley
• Budapest’s regal Parliament building and Chain Bridge
• Vienna’s inspirational legacy of classical music
• France’s famed wineries in Beaujolais, Bordeaux and beyond
For those who wish to travel closer to home, Viking also has several thoughtfully curated itineraries on both the Lower and Upper Mississippi from which to choose. Explore picturesque towns and boom cities; take in views of pastoral farms and towering bluffs; and immerse yourself in the region's rich history and culture with an included excursion in every port. All of this is complemented with Mississippi’s newest and most modern ship with all outside staterooms, private verandas and Viking’s Signature Scandinavian Design, reimagined for the Mississippi River.
Here are a few highlights Viking reveals to you along the Mighty Mississippi:
• Festive French Quarter and Creole cuisine in New Orleans
• Cajun heritage in Baton Rouge
• Civil War history at Vicksburg National Military Park
• Memphis BBQ, Graceland and appreciation of the Delta Blues
• Steamboat sailings with diverse wildlife sightings
• Mark Twain's boyhood home and America’s literary history
• Up close look at America’s national symbol, the bald eagle
• Gateway Arch in St. Louis and the pioneering spirit of the Midwest
• Norwegian cultural experience at Vesterheim
• Intricate locks and dams of the Upper Mississippi